Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bionic hands

Sun Jifa, 51, lost both his hands when a bomb he was creating for blast fishing in Guanmashan, Jilin province, northern China, exploded Could not afford hospital's prosthetic arms so made his own
Difficulty: The only drawback is that steel is quite heavy so they're tiring to wear and get hot or cold in the extremes of summer and winter, said Sun
A day in Tiananmen Square
Determined: The 51-year-old spent eight years making his bionic hand
Invention: Sun Jifa, lost both his hands when a bomb he was creating for blast fishing in Guanmashan, Jilin province, northern China, exploded prematurely
Idea: 'I survived but I had no hands and I couldn't afford to buy the false hands the hospital wanted me to have - so I decided to make my own,' he explained

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...